[qs_widget wtpl=”onestep” sub=”MASSAGE-THERAPY” framewidth=”600″ frameheight=”120″]
Firstly, Arizona is known for its warm desert climate and beautiful sunsets over the Grand Canyon.
And also, if you are considering relocating to this area to work as a massage therapist or start a massage business.
So be sure to check out the northern part of the state.
So which features beautiful mountain ranges and canyons, including the Grand Canyon.
One of the many perks of working and operating a massage business in the state of Arizona is that the climate changes.
And also, beautiful landmarks and tourist attractions bring thousands upon thousands of people here to relax.
And also, indulge in the serene atmosphere that Arizona has to offer.
So why not include a welcoming massage therapy business here for others to enjoy?
Aside from its beauty, Arizona is known for being home to many institutes.
That provides you as the aspiring massage specialist with the proper certification and also, licensing to make a successful career and dream come true.
However, in this article, you will discover some of the important rules, regulations, guidelines.
And also, other information regarding your pathway towards starting your massage career in the beautiful area of Arizona.
So scroll straight to the bottom to see a list of the top massage therapy schools in Arizona.
And also, in order for you to become a massage therapist in the state of Arizona.
And also, you must obtain your massage therapy license from a State licensed organization similar to that of the National Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
So for you to successfully be licensed, you must first pass one of the approved massage therapy exams.
However, if you attended a school in Arizona that is accredited by an agency recognized by the secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
So they you may be exempt from taking an examination.
Otherwise, you are required to take either of the following exams:
- The NCBTMB – National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- Or the NCETM – National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage
Because these tests contain more than 120 multiple choice questions about the ethical and also, legal issues regarding the massage industry.
So along with the certification, you must have, other behavioural values like good temperament, moral character and no criminal record are required as well.
Schooling Details and Requirements (Credit Hours)
And also, in order for you to receive your massage therapy certification.
Because it is required that you complete 700 hours of education from a State licensed school.
So the list of these schools is given below. In addition to the completion of credit hours.
And also, you must complete at least 250 hours of hands-on work experience.
Because this work experience must include hands-on instruction, and many schools provide both First Aid and CPR certification.
Pursuing an education in the massage therapy field.
As well as incorporating hands-on experience only allows you to further your success as a massage therapist in the state of Arizona.
So you will learn the following subjects and techniques.
So giving your practice an edge up on other massage therapists:
- Sports Injury Management
- Rehabilitative Protocols
- Hydrotherapy Treatment
- Myokinetic Techniques
The test required for licensing is divided into major sections like General Knowledge of Body Systems, Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology, Pathology, Therapeutic Massage.
And also, Bodywork Assessment, Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Application, Professional Standards, Ethics, Business and Legal Practices.
So once you have successfully completed and passed the appropriate exam.
So you will be well on your way towards obtaining a massage therapy license.
And also, your official scores will be emailed to you within two business days after you have completed and left the examination room.
The certificate of completion that you receive must provide to the state in order for you to receive a massage therapy license.
Licensure Qualifying Programs
Furthermore, in Arizona, there are many colleges that provide you with quality massage therapy education.
Some of the best institutes in the area include:
- Central Arizona College, Superstation Mountain Campu, 273 E. Old West, Highway, Apache Junction, AZ 85219, Apache Junction, 480.677.7700
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College, 2626 East Pecos Rd, Chandler, AZ 85225, Chandler, 480.732.7000.
- Arizona School of Integrative Studies, 701 South Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ 86324, Clarkdale, 866.334.3348.
- Central Arizona College, District Offices,8470 North Overfield Rd, Coolidge, AZ 85228, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Coolidge, 800.237.9814
- Southwest Institute of Healing Arts, 1000 North Humphreys, Flagstaff, AZ 86001, Flagstaff, 928.213.0010
- Arizona College of Allied Health, 4425 West Olive Ave. #300, Glendale, AZ 85302, Glendale, 602.222.9300
- Charles of Italy Beauty College, 1987 McCulloch Blvd., #205, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403, Email: email@example.com, Lake Havasu City, 928.453.666
- East Valley Institute of Technology, 1601 West Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201, Mesa, 480.461.4000
- Arizona School of Massage Therapy, 10000 North 31st Ave. #D-100, Phoenix, AZ 85051, Phoenix, 866.331.HEAL
- Carrington College , 8503 N. 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85051, Phoenix, 877.206.2106
In order for you to receive your massage therapy license in the state of Arizona.
So there are a few requirements that you are required to meet, these are:
- And also, you must have a high school diploma in order to receive admission into a massage therapy degree program or institute.
- So you must be a citizen of the United States or hold a green card in order for you to accept into any college or institute.
- Completion of a basic written test
- Passing of the nationally recognized NCBTMB, National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- However, a coloured passport size photograph of yourself is required for your massage therapy license
- 125 hours of experience in treating live patients.
Key Agencies / Boards Involved and Their Contact Information
The State of Arizona Board of Massage Therapy is the main organization that operates to oversee and regulate the massage therapy industry in the state.
If you would like to contact them or find out more information.
So please feel free to email or call them at the information mentioned below.
The state of Arizona, Board of Massage Therapy, 1400 West Washington, Suite# 300
Phoenix, Arizona 85007, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (602) 542-8604, Investigator/Complaints: 602-542-8225, FAX: (602) 542-8804
This is the board that provides you with a complete massage therapy license.
Requirements to Start a Massage Business in Arizona (Massage Establishment License)
To start a massage business in Arizona there are several requirements that you should make aware of.
The following is the complete list of the information that you will need to acquire prior to opening your massage therapy practice in the state of Arizona.
- Select the kind of business you hope to pursue.
- Whether you want to be a sole proprietor or a partnership with one other practicioner.
- Decide whether you want to provide static services of mobile massage services.
- You should choose the name of your business early.
- Because this aids in speeding up the tax registration process and solidifies what you will be calling your establishment.
- If you would like, you can check into renting a room or facility in a health care facility.
- By doing so, you will expose to those who are already in the field, as well as potential clientele.
- Develop your relationship with yoga teachers, doctors and chiropractors in the surrounding areas.
- This will help to launch your business further.
- In addition, if you acquire positive working relationships with these types of individuals.
- So they can and will refer their clients to you for massage therapy services.
- Obtain a Sellers Permit.
- Federal tax ID EIN – This is required if you are hoping to hire additional staff.
These some essential steps to take while getting your business licensed in Arizona.
In order to get more information please visit the link provided by clicking here.
Massage License Renewal Process
The following information is regarding the renewal process of your massage therapy license.
So when your license is due for renewal.
So the Arizona Board of Massage Therapy will notify you by the mailing address that they have on file by a postcard or a green renewal application approximately 65 days prior to your expiration date.
Because it is your responsibility to renew your massage therapy license on time.
So whether or not you receive this renewal notice.
So please make sure that you understand, upon receiving your initial license.
And also, when you must renew and the methods of doing so.
To renew your massage therapy license.
And also, you must complete a certain amount of continuing education, CE, credits.
So you are required, by the state of Arizona.
So to complete a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education credits.
12 of these hours must be completed in a workshop, seminar, lecture, conference, class or instruction related course to that of massage and the industry.
Furthermore, in addition, a maximum of 12 hours must complete in distance or correspondence learning.
And also, the Arizona Board of Massage Therapy does not pre-approve any continuing education hours.
Because it is your responsibility to find out if the course is offered by an “Approved Provider”.
So one good indication that a course or continuing education hour is acceptable is if it is NCBTMB approved.
Other requirements for renewing your massage therapy license include the following:
- A renewal fee of $95
- A legible copy of the alien status document.
- Because this document may include a Resident Card or a Passport.
- An Application signed and dated on the second page of the renewal form
In addition information regarding the renewal process for your massage therapy license can be found by following this link provided to you.
So here you will find all of the requirements set by the Arizona Board of Massage Therapy regarding renewal fees, rules and regulations.
Note: Specific personal information, office addresses, fees, payments etc.
May change over time. Although we do our best to keep this site up to date.
So please ensure you contact the state board to obtain the most recent information at the time of your application.
Here is a list of the top massage therapy schools near you.
And also, we have an arrangement with all of them that allow you to request information for FREE.
Lastly. please do so and take that first step toward a better future.
[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MASSAGE-THERAPY” iptogeo=”true”]