[qs_widget wtpl=”onestep” sub=”MASSAGE-THERAPY” framewidth=”600″ frameheight=”120″]
First of all, if you enjoy a flat, prairie style area, then Nebraska is the place for you.
So here, the land is open making it an excellent place for those who enjoy raising farm animals.
As well as, for the massage industry, Nebraska is an ideal place to consider.
So with only 1,200 licensed massage therapists.
So you can most certainly find your area and become a very successful practitioner.
Furthermore, the only downside to becoming a massage therapist in Nebraska is the extensive education requirements.
Because that is much larger and longer than that of any other state in America.
So Continue reading to find out more about becoming a professional massage therapist in the plains of Nebraska.
Scroll straight to the bottom to see a list of the top massage therapy schools in Nebraska.
Brief Summary of the Main Highlights
Because The state of Nebraska includes quite extensive requirements.
So when it comes to the schooling and education of its massage therapists.
And also, along with the schooling comes a list of licensing and certification requirements.
So whether you are new to the industry, or a seasoned massage therapist.
And also, Nebraska is an excellent place to continue your journey.
And also, in this article, you will find all of the information.
So that will equip you to launch your massage therapy business towards success.
Schooling Details and Requirements (Credit Hours)
So here in Nebraska, the education requirements for becoming a massage therapist are large and extensive.
Because the state requires that you take at least 1,000 hours of in-class.
And also, supervised instruction regarding the massage profession and industry.
The breakdown of these 1,000 hours includes taking at least 100 hours in each of the following topics and courses:
- Hygiene and Practical Demonstration
- Health Service Management
- The remaining 300 hours should be taken in areas.
- That is related specifically to the hands-on and also, clinical practice of massage therapy.
In addition to your education.
So you must also take and pass one of the following examinations:
- National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCETMB)
- National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage (NCETM)
- Advanced Clinical Examination (ACE) or,
- Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx)
Some of the Licensure Qualifying Programs
Dr Welbes College of Clinical Massage
2237 to 2239 Franklin Street
Lincoln, NE 68005
6020 South 58th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
3350 North 90th Street
Omaha, NE 68134
Midwest School of Massage
10159 J Street
Omaha, NE 68127
Omaha School of Massage
9748 Park Drive
Omaha, NE 68127
Universal College of Healing Arts
8702 North 30th Street
Omaha, NE 68132
And also, if you would like to practice as a massage therapist in the state of Nebraska.
And also, you will first need to obtain a license.
Because there are several qualifications and also, requirements that the state has set for you to follow and complete.
So to receive your license, you must meet all of the following:
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- And also, you must be a citizen of the United States or an alien that has been lawfully admitted. and also, accepted into the United States for permanent residency.
- Furthermore, you must complete at least 1,000 hours of massage therapy course study.
- This education requirement must be completed in no less than 9 months at a time.
- After completing the education and examination requirements.
- And also, you must submit a completed application to the Board.
- A completed application includes all requested documents, fees and also, a written application.
- The following includes all of the additional documentation that must be submitted along with the written application:
- And also, proof that you are of at least 19 years of age.
- Because this can be a copy of your current driver’s license, birth certificate or other similar documentation.
- Be of good character – proof of this can be provided by any licensing agency or if you have held previous licenses with other establishments.
- And also, a list of any criminal offences or disciplinary actions that have been taken against you.
- So an explanation about any application denials, if applicable.
- And also, evidence that you are either a citizen or a lawfully admitted alien.
- So an official transcript showing that you completed all the required courses of study.
- Evidence that you took and passed one of the nationally recognized massage examinations.
- An application fee.
Key Agencies/Boards involved and their contact information
And also, the Nebraska Board of Massage Therapy is a division under the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services.
And also, acts on the behalf of the Nebraska massage industry.
So the members of the Board work to create and govern all issues related to regulating the massage therapy industry and are comprised of 4 members.
And also, if you would like to contact the Board for any questions or concerns you may have!
So please feel free to do so at the following contact information:
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
P.O. Box 94986
Lincoln, NE 68509-4986
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South
14th and M Streets
Requirements to Start a Massage Business in Nebraska (Massage Establishment License)
Starting a massage business in Nebraska is an exciting and exhilarating time.
To begin, be sure to reference the Nebraska State Website Business Page to use as a resource for starting your business.
Here you will be directed to complete and understand all of the following topics related to starting a business:
- And also, choosing an appropriate business structure,
- Obtaining a tax ID number,
- Finding a business location,
- Registering your business in the state of Nebraska,
- Any fees, special applications or licenses you will need to begin your business.
Massage License Renewal Process
Before November 1st of every odd-numbered year.
So you as a licensed massage therapist will be required to complete at least 24 hours of continuing education hours to be considered for renewal.
Because these hours may be obtained through the following coursework:
- Hands-On Hours – You must complete at least 14 hours of hands-on continuing education hours.
- Because this may be completed at a workshop or a class that requires participation.
- And also, 1 hour of hands-on work equals 1 continuing credit hour.
- Ethics – You will be required to obtain at least 3 hours of ethics continuing education hours.
- Optional Hours – These continuing education hours may include taking another national examination (totalling 7 continuing education hours).
- And also, write an article and have it published in a professional health-related journal (a total of 7 credit hours).
- So teach a massage related course (a total of 1.5 credit hours).
- And take additional courses (1 hour = 1 continuing education hour).
- Furthermore, take a workshop or lecture (1 credit hour will be granted for every 50 minutes of participation), or a home study program.
And also, after you have completed the required 24 hours of continuing education.
So you will need to apply for renewal.
And also, a renewal notice will send to the address on file at the Board 30 days prior to your massage license expiration date.
To renew, please follow the following instructions carefully:
- Request a renewal, which should be submitted in person or by mail or internet.
- Along with your renewal, you will need to include the renewal fee of $110 and also, the required and requested documentation:
- And also, evidence of your citizenship or lawful residency in the United States.
- And also, Credential Information,
- So any disciplinary actions that have been taken out against you,
- So any application denials you have received, if applicable,
- And also, any other information requested by the Board.
Massage License Reciprocity
To be considered for reciprocity.
So you must meet all requirements set in the Massage Therapy Practice Act.
Either your credentials should be equivalent to that of Nebraska’s.
And also, all reciprocity applicants should be prior-approved by the Board.
Because if you are licensed in another state or jurisdiction.
And also, have not completed the 1,000-hour education requirement.
So then you must obtain these hours through a massage therapy program.
School or have a significant amount of work experience.
And also, in addition to the education requirement.
And also, you must also have passed one of the nationally recognized examinations with a minimum score of 75%.
If you would like, you may apply for a temporary license to practice massage therapy.
So if you have completed the additional hours to equal the 1,000 educational hours requirement.
Note: Specific personal information, office addresses, fees, payments etc.
And also, may change over time.
Although we do our best to keep this site up to date.
So please ensure you contact the state board to obtain the most recent information at the time of your application.
So here is a list of the top massage therapy schools near you.
And also, we have an arrangement with all of them that allow you to request information for FREE.
So please do and also, take that first step toward a better future.
[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MASSAGE-THERAPY” iptogeo=”true”]