Requirements to Start a Massage Therapy School in Oklahoma, the requirements for massage therapy practice and education are overseen by the State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering, assisted by the Advisory Board for Massage Therapy.
So if you want to start a private massage school in Oklahoma.
You must have a minimum of a 500-hour program.
And also, your school must license by the Oklahoma Board of Private Vocational Schools.
The state of Oklahoma began regulating massage therapy on the state level in 2017.
So it is likely that there may be additional requirements from the Board of Cosmetology and Barbering in the future.
Oklahoma Board of Private Vocational Schools
In order to obtain a license from the Board of Private Vocational Schools.
So you must fill out and submit an application.
Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Once your application is assigned for review, there is a 120-day window in which your school’s application should either be approved or denied.
The first review of your application is a desk review.
Where the staff member checks your application for completeness.
After this review, you will receive correspondence from the Board office regarding items that are missing or incomplete.
Once you submit any changes or additions, your application goes to a re-review.
This process continues until all parts of your application are complete and also, in compliance with Oklahoma regulations.
Once your application is deemed complete and also, compliant, a site visit will schedule.
A license will issue to you by the Board if the site visit is approved.
And also, you can obtain a license packet by downloading it from the Board’s website, or you can request a hard copy mailed to you.
A hard copy will cost you $25 to obtain.
MIST – Requirements to Start a Massage Therapy School in Oklahoma
In your license application, you will ask to provide information regarding:
- School name, address, and telephone number;
- School organization and ownership structure;
- Names of all owners;
- School form of ownership;
- Name and qualifications of the school Director and the Authorized Administrative Official;
- Instructional staff number, qualifications required, proposed staff and also, their qualifications;
- Facility information including
- Ownership or lease information;
- Floor plan;
- Instructional equipment;
- Any other locations used;
- Fire inspection reports less than 3 months old;
- Evidence of adequate liability insurance;
- Evidence of financial stability showing a positive net worth with enough cash or liquid assets to pay at least 3 months of expenses without the receipt of any student tuition or fees.
- If you cannot meet this requirement, additional documentation or guarantees may require;
- A surety bond or a certificate of deposit collateral agreement;
- Information regarding any outside sales representatives to use to recruit students, and a solicitor application for each;
- School days and hours of operation;
- School daily break schedule;
- A course information form;
- A draft of your school catalogue, as well as a catalogue checklist;
- A draft of your student enrollment agreement, along with a checklist;
- A list of books, tools and supplies needed for each course, along with whether it will provide by the student or the school and also, approximate costs;
- Information on what, if any, instruction may give to someone who has not completed high school and/or is underage;
- A copy of your diploma/certificate;
The cost of an initial license application and fee is $1200.
And also, you will need to spend $200 per person for anyone who is a solicitor for your school to obtain licensure.
Annual re-licensing applications are due June 1 of each year.
School license renewal fees range from $700-$1500 per year, depending on your annual tuition receipts.
Solicitor license renewal fees are $100 per person.
So you will also need to pay $100 per year for an annual training workshop.
If you want to open a private massage therapy school in Oklahoma.
So requirements to Start a Massage Therapy School in Oklahoma.
you must have a 500-hour program of instruction and licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Private Vocational Schools.
The licensure process takes approximately 120 days.
And also, the fees for initial licensure are about $1200.
You will also require to have a surety bond and also, adequate liability insurance.
Annual renewal of your license will cost $700-$1500, depending on tuition receipts.
And also, you will require paying $100 a year for a training workshop.