Firstly, South Carolina has one of the lowest requirements for the number of hours to acquire your massage therapy license.
However, their application fee is high compared to some other states.
So continuing education requirements and also, renewal fees in South Carolina are among the lowest in the US.
Because in this article, we will be discussing the main highlights as they apply to massage therapy within the state of South Carolina.
And also, if you would like to find out more information about the rules and also, regulations here.
So you may email the South Carolina Board of Massage and also, Bodywork Therapy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So scroll straight to the bottom to see a list of the top massage therapy schools in South Carolina.
Brief Summary of The Main Highlights
And also, in the state of South Carolina.
So you must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a massage therapy license and also, to work freely here.
In addition, the South Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy requires.
That you attend an approved school of massage and also, pass a qualifying exam.
So after these requirements have been met.
And also, you must then submit your application for licensure along with the associated fee for approval by the board.
Schooling Details and Requirements (Credit Hours)
As well as for the schooling details and requirements towards credited massage therapy hours.
And also, you must complete 500 hours worth of massage therapy school.
So the South Carolina Board of Massage.
And also, Bodywork Therapy must approve the school that you wish to attend.
In addition, you must pass the National Certification Examination.
Either the Federation of States Examination for Massage Therapy.
So any examination other than the National Certification Examination.
Either the Federation of States Examination must have prior board approval.
So once you have completed the proper schooling and examinations.
And also, you must submit your application with the requested information and fee.
Licensure Qualifying Programs
Furthermore, the South Carolina Board of Massage and also, Bodywork Therapy must approve the school to which you hope to attend.
So below is a partial list of approved schools in the state of South Carolina:
- Technical College of the Lowcountry, 921 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC 29901, 843-525-8211
- South Carolina Massage & Esthetics Institute, Landmark Plaza, Sheridan Park, 25 Sherrington Dr. #C, Bluffton, SC 29910, 843-815-4884
- Trident Technical College, Charleston, SC 29423, 877-349-7184
- Spartanburg Community College, Tyger River Campus, 1875 East Main St. Hwy 290, Duncan, SC 29334, 864-592-6100, Email: email@example.com
- Florence-Darlington Technical College, 2715 W. Lucas Street, Florence, SC 29502, 800-228-5745
- Spartanburg Community College, Cherokee County Campus, 523 Chesnee Hwy 11, Gaffney, SC 29341, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 864-206-2700
- Greenville Technical College, Greenville, SC 29606, Email: email@example.com, 864-250-8000
- Midlands Technical College, 7300 College Street, Irmo, SC 29063, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 803-732-5218
- South Carolina Massage & Esthetics Institute, 4720-B Hwy 17 Bypass, South Myrtle Beach, SC 29588, 843-293-2225
- Spartanburg Community College, I-85 Business @ New Cut Road, Spartanburg, SC 29303, Email: email@example.com, 864-592-4800
- South Carolina Massage & Esthetics Institute, 1905 Sunset Blvd., West Columbia, SC 29169, 803-939-9600
Furthermore, the South Carolina Board of Massage and also, Bodywork Therapy requires.
So that after you have completed the necessary schooling and also, examinations.
That you then submit a completed application for approval.
So you can access all of the online application forms by clicking here.
And also, the cost to submit your application is $150 and there are specific documents that must include.
So be sure to follow all directions carefully.
So as not to omit any important information or documents.
Key Agencies/Boards involved and their contact information
However, the South Carolina Board of Massage and also, Bodywork Therapy is the most important massage therapy governing organization in the state of South Carolina.
So the following is the information that you may need to contact the board:
South Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy
Kingstree Building, 110 Center View, Columbia SC 29210
P.O. Box 11329, Columbia, SC 29210-1329, Phone: (803) 896-4490 and Fax: (803) 896-4484. EMAIL: South Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy
SC Dept. of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, Office of Board Services Massage/Bodywork Therapy
110 Centerview Drive, P.O. Box 11329, Columbia, South Carolina 29211-1329, Phone: (803) 896-4588, Email: InformationRequest@llr.sc.gov
Requirements to Start a Massage Business in South Carolina (Massage Establishment License)
So only those who hold a massage therapy license in the state of South Carolina can practice massage.
So with that said, you must obtain your license.
And also, be properly certified in order to open a massage business in South Carolina.
As well as you pursue your massage business in South Carolina.
So be sure that you understand some of the very important rules and also, guidelines associated with the industry.
So for example, massage therapists may not diagnose or treat disease.
And also, may not practice spinal or joint manipulation or prescribe medications.
In addition, the state of South Carolina requires that you include table coverings during massage therapy sessions or services.
And also, these must be changed after each person.
Lastly, your massage business must provide clean drapes for each patient for proper coverage and cleanliness.
Massage License Renewal Process
So your massage therapy license must renew the following renewal cycle.
And also, licenses, in the state of South Carolina, are renewed every two years.
At which time 12 hours of continuing education must be completed.
However, these continuing education hours are waived for you during the first renewal period.
Massage License Reciprocity
And also, if you hold a massage therapy license in another state.
So you can easily become licensed in South Carolina.
However, the requirements for licensure in that state must be at least equal or greater than South Carolina requirements.
And also, in this, reciprocity could be granted to you.
But if you were to take a state exam instead of the National Certification Exam or the Federation of State Exam.
So then the South Carolina Board of Massage and also, Bodywork Therapy panel would need to review your exam.
And also, ensure that your education meets the requirements.
So that is set for the state of South Carolina.
Note: Specific personal information, office addresses, fees, payments etc.
So may change over time.
Although we do our best to keep this site up to date.
And also, please ensure you contact the state board to obtain the most recent information at the time of your application.
So here is a list of the top massage therapy schools near you.
And also, we have an arrangement with all of them that allow you to request information for FREE.
Lastly, please do so and take that first step toward a better future.
- Offers program in business, criminal justice, healthcare and more.
- Their fully-accredited campuses offer day,evening, and online classes.
- Gives graduates access to career tools and networking resources.
- Massage Therapy
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes
- Get Matched to the Perfect Nursing Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here
- Learn at Your Own Pace And Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions And You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!