Do you want to attend massage schools in Florida? Read this comprehensive article to get started.
Firstly, the state of Florida is a very desirable place to work as a massage therapist.
So you can enjoy the warm weather alongside the blossoming and continuous tourist seasons year-round.
Many spas, hotels and attractions geared towards the rich and famous are located in this “Sunny State of the United States”.
There are many massage therapists working in this state.
And also, in this article, you will find an overview of the massage industry in the state of Florida.
So scroll straight to the bottom to see a list of the top massage therapy schools in Florida.
Massage Schools in Florida – Brief Summary
All massage therapy establishments and professionals operate under the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.
Because this agency is a part of the Florida Department of Health who regulates, creates rules.
And also, oversees all practices of the massage industry.
So the board has passed many laws and regulations.
Including terms and conditions regarding the massage workforce and other similar fields.
There are approximately 28,000 registered massage practitioners working in the state of Florida.
Furthermore, in order to apply for a massage license.
The applicant is required to pass the National Certificate Examination for Massage.
And also, the Florida Board of Massage Therapy requires you to renew your license every two years along with an associated fee.
Schooling Details and Requirements (Credit Hours)
However, there are 80 noteworthy massage schools in Florida.
And also, you must be 18 to be eligible for acquiring a license.
And also, pursuing your massage therapy education.
In addition, you must either pass the Massage Certificate Program with a minimum of 500 working.
And training hours or complete an Apprenticeship Training Program.
So which can last up to 12 months in the state of Florida?
Aside from this, you must also pass a two-hour medical errors course.
So needless to say, the requirements in the state of Florida are stringent.
And also, require much attention on the applicant’s part.
Qualifying Massage Schools in Florida
Furthermore, the following are some of the top quality massage schools in Florida.
So that you can attend in the state of Florida, along with contact information:
- Barbara Brennan School of Healing 500 NE Spanish River Blvd. #208 Boca Raton, FL 33431 (800)924.2564
- Boca Beauty Academy 7820 Glades Rd. Boca Raton, FL 33434 (561)487.1191
- International Institute for Health Care Professionals 600 South Dixie Hwy #211 Boca Raton, FL 33432 (561)394.5822
- Bonita Springs School of Massage and Cosmetology 10915 Bonita Beach Road SE #2111 Bonita Springs, FL 34135 (239)495.0714
And also, the above is not a comprehensive list of massage schools in Florida.
So for detailed information about the schools and the training department.
And also, you can follow the link by clicking here.
Therefore, in order to become a registered massage practitioner in the state of Florida.
So you need to complete the certificate requirements.
That is recognized by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards.
And also, understand that the state of Florida also accepts the Advance Exam.
That should be passed by the applicant with a minimum of 250 hours post graduation hands-on massage therapy experience.
In addition to all this, the state of Florida also requires you to fulfil the following requirements:
- Graduation from recognized and approved massage schools in Florida.
- Complete a Florida State Massage application.
- Completion of the following courses:
- Two hours from taking the medical error course.
- HIV course comprising of 3 hours.
- Laws and rules of the state; 10 hours from an accredited massage school in Florida.
- A complete criminal record background check.
- Passing either of NCETM/NCETMB or MBLEx.
So you can keep a tab on your application status online at this link.
Key Agencies / Boards involved and their contact information
And also, the organization associated with regulating all massage therapy rules in the state is the Florida Department of Health Medical Quality Assurance Board of Massage Therapy.
The physical and the mailing address are as follows:
- Physical: Tallahassee, Florida 32399 Phone: 850-245-4161 Fax: 850-921-6184
- Mailing: Department of Health Payment Management PO Box 6330 Tallahassee, FL 32314
Requirements to Start a Massage Business in Florida (Massage Establishment License)
And also, in order to start a massage business in the state of Florida,
And also, you must first complete and file an application.
So you can find the PDF version of the form here.
However, you will need to include all of the requested information in order for your application to be processed successfully.
And also be aware that your application will screen for any falsely provided information.
Because it is advisable to provide only true.
And also, acceptable information when submitting your application.
So any false information will cause your application to be terminated.
The total application fee is $255.
So which includes the following:
- $150 application fee,
- $ 100 License fee,
- The unlicensed activity fee is $5.
However, the Florida Board of Massage Therapy also requires proof of insurance.
Because this insurance must be in the original business owner’s name.
And also, this individual can only receive the massage therapy license and associated benefits.
Massage License Renewal Process
So the Florida Department of Health sends out a letter of notice 90 days before your massage therapy license expires.
And also, you can submit your renewal application online if your business meets the following criteria:
- Does not change the license status.
- And also, Credit or debit card is available to complete the transaction.
- The license is not military action.
- The license has not been revoked and is under active status.
And also, if the license has been renewed before the expiration date.
So then the total fee will be $105.
But if done after the renewal date, the fee charged is $180.
So which includes extra levied charges.
The Florida Board of Massage Therapy will cancel your license if it is not renewed within 6 months of the expiration date.
Massage License Reciprocity
So for endorsement, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be of 18 years of age.
- Submit application or license.
- Have passed the high school or graduate equivalent diploma.
Note: Specific personal information, office addresses, fees, payments etc.
may change over time.
Although we do our best to keep this site up to date.
So please ensure you contact the state board to obtain the most recent information at the time of your application.
So here is a list of the top massage schools in Florida near you.
And also, we have an arrangement with all of them that allow you to request information for FREE.
Lastly, please do so and take that first step toward a better future.
Back to School Scholarship Available to All New Students Until October 22nd.
Since 1996, Southern California Health Institute has been dedicated and committed to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists. We have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare.
- Advanced Professional Massage Therapy Program
- Physical Therapy Aide/Sports Rehab Program
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy
At NHI you will receive hands-on training through our teaching clinic from dedicated instructors with a combined 530 years of experience as well as classroom instruction and business marketing classes. We offer daytime, evening and weekend classes to accommodate your busy schedule. It is our goal to see you learn and embrace the material and go on to have a successful career you love. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. So why wait?
- Massage Therapy/Therapist
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Massage Therapy
- Esthetician / Massage Therapy
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!