The state of Wyoming is beautiful and a wonderful place to live and open a massage business. Although this particular state does not have regulations over the massage industry, you will still find that the massage industry here is budding and continuously growing. Learn how to become a successful massage therapist in Wyoming and follow your dreams to the fullest.
Scroll straight to the bottom to see a list of the top massage therapy schools in Wyoming
Brief Summary of the Main Highlights
As it stands, the state of Wyoming does not have any set rules, regulations or a Massage Therapy Board to oversee the massage industry. In this article you will find the information available to pursue a massage therapy license. Continue reading for more information.
Schooling Details and Requirements (Credit Hours)
Currently, the state of Wyoming is attempting to set forth an education requirement that asks you as a massage therapist student to take at least 500 hours of in-class instruction. Following this education, you will be required to take a Wyoming State Written Exam and should take and pass one of the following national massage therapy examinations:
- MBLEx – Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination
- NCETM/NCETMB – National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
Licensure Qualifying Programs
The following two schools are the ones we know that are in the state of Wyoming. Use the contact information listed below to contact and find out more about these specific institutes.
3059 Coffeen Avenue
Sheridan, WY 82801
Institute of Business & Medical Careers
3425 Dell Range Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009
You may choose to obtain a massage therapy license from a different state other than Wyoming to operate in this state. Once a Massage Therapy Board is established you can choose to become licensed and operate underneath the state. The only set requirements now are to have at least 500 hours or more of a core curriculum in massage therapy and to pass one of the national massage therapy examinations.
Key Agencies/Boards involved and their contact information
For now, the state of Wyoming legislature is working towards creating a Massage Therapy Board to oversee and govern the massage industry here.
Requirements to Start a Massage Business in Wyoming (Massage Establishment License)
To begin a massage business in the state of Wyoming, all you need to do is register and submit documentation to the state. The following is a list of some of the actions you will need to take to formally begin your massage business in the state:
- Choose the business structure you would like to operate as: sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation.
- After selecting the business structure, you will need to obtain a tax ID number and fill out necessary tax forms.
- Name your business.
- Select a location.
Massage License Renewal Process
Because there are no rules or requirements for obtaining a massage license in the state of Wyoming, renewal is not necessary. Once a Massage Therapy Board has been formed, be sure to check in with the board members to find out more information about the massage license renewal process.
Massage License Reciprocity
Massage license reciprocity is not necessary in the state of Wyoming simply because a Massage Therapy Board has not been formed to govern and oversee the industry here. Be sure to check the state’s website regularly to remain updated on how the formulation of a board is coming along.
Note: Specific personnel information, office addresses, fees, payments etc. may change over time. Although we do our best to keep this site up to date, please ensure you contact the state board to obtain the most recent information at the time of your application.
Here is a list of the top massage therapy schools near you. We have an arrangement with all of them that allow you to request information for FREE. Please do so and take that first step toward a better future.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
- Physical Therapy Aide
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Sports Science & Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Therapy
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Read this article if you want to learn how to become a massage instructor in the state of Wyoming.