First of all, Massage therapy in the state of Connecticut requires you to be fully certified and licensed.
So you must meet certain criteria, education and also, training prior to obtaining your license.
So currently, there are 3,024 credentialed practitioners in the state of Connecticut.
Making it a desirable and also, opportunistic state to run a massage business.
However, Connecticut is one of the most expensive regions for becoming licensed and also, maintaining a massage therapy license.
But the requirements are not as stringent and overbearing as other states in the United States.
and also, continue reading to learn more about the rules and also, regulations set for you to become a successful massage therapist in the state of Connecticut.
Furthermore, you will find it to be a desirable, beautiful and also, success-driven area to work as a budding professional.
So scroll straight to the bottom to see a list of the top massage therapy schools in Connecticut.
Brief Summary of the Main Highlights
As well as mentioned above, you are required to be certified and also, licensed to practice as a massage therapist in the state of Connecticut.
So you must graduate from an approved massage course or program with at least 500 hours of massage related education credits.
Because after doing so, you will be required to take and pass the National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork examination.
And also, complete a full application process.
As well as you read this article, you will find out all of the rules, regulations and guidelines.
So that has been set for you to become a successful.
And also, a licensed massage therapist in this particular state.
Schooling Details and Requirements (Credit Hours)
So graduation from an approved massage school or program is required of you before you can continue pursuing your license and also, certification.
Because the course of study that you take must be no less than five hundred (500) hours of in-class instruction and training.
So please be aware that online courses will not be accepted as part of your 500 classroom required hours.
And also, read this article for a brief idea of the cost to attend massage schools.
Licensure Qualifying Programs
Therefore, the following is a brief list of some of the approved schools.
And also, programs that you may consider for completing the education requirement.
Contact information and websites have been provided for your consideration:
1154 Poquonnock Road
Groton, CT 06340
75 Kitts Lane
Newington, CT 06111
470 Bank Street
New London, CT 06320
25 Sylvan Road South
Westport, CT 06880
102 Wolcott Road
Wolcott, CT 06716
And also, in order for you to be considered for licensure.
So you must first meet the following eligibility requirements set by the Department of Public Health:
First, you must graduate from an approved massage therapy school.
That offers courses totalling to the required five hundred hours of in-class instruction.
So the school that you attend must be approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork or accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation.
And also, if you are a recent graduate from one of the above-approved massage therapy schools.
Then you may be eligible for a temporary permit.
However, this permit is only available to in-state practitioners.
In addition, you must pass the National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
So please be aware that the state of Connecticut does not accept the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage.
And also, Bodywork’s national examination for state licensing.
Other Document Requirements:
- And also, a completed, signed and notarized application
- So a passport size photograph
- And also, the non-refundable application fee of $375 – this fee must be paid in the form of either a bank check or money order made payable to “Treasurer, State of Connecticut”
- Because this form filled completely out and also, sent directly from the school.
- So that you attended for massage therapy course study
- Furthermore, verification and scores sent from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Examination
And also, all of these documents must be sent directly to the following contact information:
Connecticut Department of Public Health
Massage Therapist Licensure
410 Capitol Ave., MS #12 APP
P.O. Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134
Key Agencies/Boards involved and their contact information
So the Department of Public Health in Connecticut is the primary governing organization over the massage therapy industry in this particular state.
And also, all applications, fees, rules and regulations are created through the Department of Public Health.
Hence, if you would like to find out more about the Massage Therapy sector under the Department.
So you may contact them directly at 860-509-7603.
Requirements to Start a Massage Business in Connecticut
And also, starting a massage business in Connecticut is an easy yet time-consuming process.
However, you must register your business by applying for a tax registration number.
To do so, you can visit this website.
So other requirements for starting a massage business in Connecticut include the following:
- And also, choosing what business entity you would like to operate as a sole proprietorship, a partnership or a corporation.
- So to obtain a Sales and Use Tax Permit
- And also, Register with DRS
- Obtain proper permits and also, licenses including your massage therapy license and certification
And also, for additional information regarding a new startup business.
So you can visit this website.
So which takes you to the “Getting Started In Business” guide created by the State of Department of Revenue Services in Connecticut.
Massage License Renewal Process
Furthermore, to renew your massage license.
So you must obtain an adequate amount of continuing education activities (CE).
And also, the following information includes the guidelines for participating in continuing education:
- So the number of hours that you must have in continuing education is a minimum of 24 hours every 4 years.
- And also, all continuing education hours must be from a massage related course or lecture.
- However, courses offered by providers approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and also, Bodywork are acceptable.
- So no more than 6 hours can be achieved over the Internet or through distance learning programs.
- And also, no more than 12 hours can be obtained from programs not approved.
- So to document your continuing education hours.
- So you must obtain a certificate of completion from the provider of the course indicating successful completion.
In addition, a $250 renewal fee is required every 2-years or a $375 reinstatement fee.
Massage Therapy License Reciprocity
And also, in the state of Connecticut.
Massage license reciprocity is not considered.
So with that, you must meet all in-state requirements to become a licensed massage therapist in the state of Connecticut.
Note: Specific personal information, office addresses, fees, payments etc. may change over time.
Although we do our best to keep this site up to date.
So please ensure you contact the state board to obtain the most recent information at the time of your application.
So here is a list of the top massage therapy schools near you.
And also, we have an arrangement with all of them that allow you to request information for FREE.
And also, please do so and take that first step toward a better future.
Back to School Scholarship Available to All New Students Until October 22nd.
Since 1996, Southern California Health Institute has been dedicated and committed to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists. We have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare.
- Advanced Professional Massage Therapy Program
- Physical Therapy Aide/Sports Rehab Program
- Massage Therapy
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy
At NHI you will receive hands-on training through our teaching clinic from dedicated instructors with a combined 530 years of experience as well as classroom instruction and business marketing classes. We offer daytime, evening and weekend classes to accommodate your busy schedule. It is our goal to see you learn and embrace the material and go on to have a successful career you love. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. So why wait?
- Massage Therapy/Therapist
- Massage Therapy
- Esthetician / Massage Therapy
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!