Massage therapy is just like any other profession and therefore, must be taken seriously by those who intend to become capable massage school instructors. It requires excellence, skill and dedication to make sure that it is done elegantly.
While the majority of the capabilities will lie in your hands and how you’re able to relieve your clients of stress and pain, the first and foremost ability you must acquire is knowing the kind of stress that your client base goes through.
Only once you’ve known about their struggle, shall you truly commit to delivering the best service possible and as a result, transform yourself into one of the most capable instructors in the entire state.
Becoming a massage instructor is just like any other profession, as it requires you to take several courses of studying, training and examination. Due to the massive number of people that wish to calm themselves down after a day of heavy work or effort, massage therapists are required in not only in number, but in amplified skill as well.
This has led to many new institutes being formed which teach the art of massage therapy to their students. That being said, we have compiled some simple instructions on how you can become a massage school instructor in Connecticut, so follow these instructions to the letter and you’ll have no problems in succeeding.
Education requirements to become a teacher
There are several massage instruction schools available in Conneticut and if you’re unable to travel to these schools, there are also online courses being taught to students to help them become instructors. Just because a student does not possess a medium of transport does not make them any less deserving to learn how to become successful massage school instructor.
You must also complete at least 500 hours of coursework under the supervision of an instructor, along with a written statement from the institute or supervisor that you have cleared the coursework without problems. You must also pass the NCETMB test, which is also known as the National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. You can always find out the basic costs to attend a massage therapist school from here.
If you’re living in Connecticut, consider yourself at an advantage compared to other states because you will not require a CEU, which stands for Continued Education Unit. CEU is not here as it is in many other states where massage therapy is regulated.
What are the licensing requirements of becoming a teacher?
First, you must get considered for licensing and the following details have provided much insight on how you can gain your license. You must first meet the following eligibility requirements set by the Department of Public Health, which includes graduating from an approved massage therapy school that offers courses totaling to the required 500 hours of in-class instruction.
Before enrolling into the school, you must first check if it is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork or accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation.
If you are a recent graduate, then you will be able to gain a temporary permit, but only till the boundaries of Connecticut. If you’re looking to become a massage therapist in a different state, you will have to follow their laws then. Additionally, you must pass the National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
Other document requirements:
- A completed and signed application
- Single passport sized photograph
- A non-refundable application fee of $375. This fee must be paid in the form of either a bank check or money order made payable to ‘Treasurer, State of Connecticut’.
- The application must be filled out completely and sent directly from the school that you attended for your massage therapy courses.
- Verification and scores sent from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Examination
If you want to renew your license, you must obtain an adequate amount of continuing education activities (CE).
What are the continuing education requirements of being a teacher (these also detail the insurance requirements)
Its imperative that you follow these rules to the letter as they will aid you to achieve the continuing requirements to become a teacher.
- A $250 renewal fee will be required every 2 years, or a $375 reinstatement fee.
- The number of hours in continuing education is a minimum of 24 hours every 4 years.
- All continuing education hours must be from a massage related course or lecture and must be approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- You must also obtain a certificate of completion from the provider of the course indicating that you have successfully completed your objectives.